User1: “Hi, my Transcend StoreJet 1TB hard drive has plenty of my important files. The drive was fine till yesterday, but now it is no more recognized on my Macintosh. It just appears in the list of devices, but Autoplay is not available. I am unable to access it by any ways. I also uninstalled the drive, restarted my system and re-installed it, but no help. What shall I do now? Please help me!”
User 2: “My StoreJet 1TB hard drive is not detected on my Macbook. I can see it in Disk Utility but neither in Finder nor on Desktop. In Disk Utility I can do nothing except format, which I don’t want to do as the drive holds many of my vital files. Someone please help me to sort out this problem.”
It’s really an arduous situation where, the drive like Transcend StoreJet that holds your important data is no more detectable on your Macintosh or throwing odd error messages the minute you plugged it into the machine. Off course at this situation you can’t be composed, as your entire data is at risk. But, definitely you can see light at the end of the tunnel! Just go through this editorial to get to the bottom of the problem and fix it.
When your Mc cannot detect Transcend StoreJet 1TB Disk?
- When the drive is hidden, you can’t see it even your Mac recognizing it
- When associated driver programs are missing/not installed
- Available driver software are broken/ out-dated
- Drive not mounted properly
- Transcend StoreJet drive is corrupted
How to make Macintosh to detect the drive?
- Unhide the drive
- Go to terminal and type sudo chflags nohidden /Volumes/”X“
- Then hit Enter key
Note: Where X is your Transcend StoreJet drive name
Check whether you have installed all adequate driver programs, which are necessary for Mac to read your drive. If needed drivers are present, check that they are up-to-date and working.
- Check the drive is mounted or not
In terminal type, diskutil list code. This presents you with a detailed feedback of all mounted drives and their information like volume name, size of drive, size of partitions, partition type and location. If your Transcend StoreJet 1TB disk is not located in shown list then it means the drive is not mounted.
Go to Disk Manager and mount the drive by assigning a drive letter to it.
- Check health of your drive
Run Disk Utility on your Transcend StoreJet 1TB hard disk and verify the drive is fine and perfect. If you find any issues, fix them.
Even after trying above methods, if your Transcend StoreJet 1TB not detected on Mac or Disk Utility reports that “underlying task reported failure”, then immediately backup your entire data from the drive and reformat it.
You might be wondering how I can backup files from undetected disk. You can! Take help of Yodot Mac Data Recovery.
Yodot to recover files from undetected Transcend drive on Mac:
The program can easily retrieve data from undetected Transcend Storejet hard disk on all Mac operated systems. The tool completely scans the drive and recovers data in stipulated time. Not just restoration of files from Transcend drive; it is supportive in retrieval of files and folders on all types and brands of storage spaces like internal hard drive, memory card, USB, pen drive and more. You can run the tool on any editions of OS X and easily restore back your data. The software effectively aids you at all data loss situations with no limitation; thus you can definitely rely upon it to see your lost/deleted data back.
Steps to restore undetected Transcend StoreJet files:
- Run Yodot Mac Data Recovery on your Macintosh
- Connect the undetected Transcend StoreJet disk
- Click on Volumes Recovery option
- Select the attached disk and choose all found volumes
- Opt Advance Scan and hit Skip button
- Entire files present on the disk will be displayed
- Mark your required ones and Save them
- Keep an eye on your drive and shun threats to avoid corruption of disk
- Possess multiple copies of important files on different storage spaces