Similar to other versions, Outlook 2010 also creates OST file on the local machine when it is used in conjunction with Microsoft Exchange Server. OST file too has reasons for getting corrupted. This leads to inaccessibility of attributes like Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, and Journals. In such situations, users look for a solution to fix OST file errors in Outlook 2010 application. The main reasons for OST file errors is corruption, when the OST file gets corrupt then there are possibilities of Outlook in-accessibilities and also unusual errors. So let us see the reasons for OST file damage or corruption.
- OST file may get corrupt while synchronizing Offline Folder file (.ost) in Outlook
- Trying to expand the folder may damage the .ost file
- Due to improper Outlook termination file is in-accessible.
- Unknown virus can damage ost file
As it was always suggested to make use of the in-built utility scanpst.exe to fix almost all errors and corruption of the offline Outlook data file. If you have used the scanpst.exe tool and couldn’t fix the issue then make use of below given method:
It is recommended that users delete the OST file and let Outlook download the information from the Exchange Server once again. Question may arise that what should be done in case .ost file, which has local data, is not present on the server. In such cases it is advised that user should export the data to a PST file and then delete OST file.
Even after following above mentioned solutions, if you are not able to fix Outlook OST file error in Outlook 2010, then its time to look for relevant ost repair tool. Because users cannot depend on only scanpst.exe tool to fix errors occurred while accessing .ost file. If you are in search of efficient inbox OST repair tool try using Yodot Outlook PST Repair tool. This software has some unique features for fixing OST and PST files, such as;
- Software can repair both corrupted pst and ost file easily
- Along with emails this tool can also regains other outlook attributes
- It is read only software, ensures no damage to original pst file
- Repairs password locked PST files
- Repair large size PST files
Follow these guidelines to fix Outlook 2010 OST file showing error:
- Download here and launch the software on your Windows computer in which MS Outlook is installed
- In main screen there are three different options such as Open PST file, Find PST file and Select outlook profile
- If you don’t know OST file location, then click on Find PST File option
- If there are multiple Outlook profiles then go with Select Outlook Profile option
- Choose a specific storage location on your computer hard drive to save output file
- Click on Repair button to scan OST file
- After repair process, tool will display repaired Ost file