Consider a scenario: “You were moving some of your important picture folders from one Volume to another on your Mac machine, in order to free memory space. And while moving a sudden power surge occurred and your Mac machine was terminated improperly. The next time when you turn on your system you find that moved folder doesn’t contain your picture files. The pictures were deleted due to interruption while moving process”, Now what!, Don’t worry the photo files which were deleted during the moving process can be recovered back using a powerful photo recovery software for Mac.
First thing you should know is that, whenever you delete a photo file from your Mac machine, they are not permanently deleted. Actually deleting a file just frees space for new data, whereas the deleted photo file still remains intact on your hard disk with a deleted tag attached to it. If that photo file is not yet overwritten by any new file, then there’s still a good chance to recover them. So it is recommended to stop using your Mac system when this kind of mishaps happens.
Some of the other reasons for photo deletion on Mac
- Human Errors: Accidentally deleting a file or folder containing your photos is one of the common reason for deletion of photo files
- Format: Formatting the memory card / drive due to corruption also results in photo loss from that drive
- Transfer error: Interruption during file transfer from your Mac system to other portable device
- Virus attack: Virus attack on Macintosh results in file system corruption which in turn results in photo deletion from the system
- Other reasons: Power surges, OS reinstallation, hard disk crash are some of the other reasons that may result in loss of picture and video files
Yodot Mac Photo Recovery (Macintosh): Is among the best photo recovery software to recover deleted photos on Mac. Even though there are so many photo recovery software available in the market many of them lack important features which this software provides. The software has very friendly user interface, from which a person with less technical knowledge can recover his deleted photos easily.
- Allows you to recover different file types including MP4, AIFF, OGG, RPS, M4P, AU, AVI, MOV, ASF, WMV, WMA, MP3, MPEG, GIF, WAV, MIDI, MPG, M4A and etc
- Recovers files from all memory card for example Compact Flash (CF) card, Secure Digital (SD) card, XD – Picture Card, Memory Stick, Multi Media Card (MMC) and etc.
- Runs on all the latest versions including Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), and Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
- Supports recovery of RAW image file format including NEF, CR2, CRW, DNG, ARW, SR2, ORF, MRW, 3FR, PEF, RAW, X3F, RAF, KDC, K25, DCR, 3FR, BAY, ARI, R3D, SRW, MOS, FFF, MEF, PXN captured from different digital cameras
Working of the software
Download and install Yodot Mac Photo Recovery software to your Macintosh->Run the software and follow to the main screen procedure->Use “Deleted Photo Recovery” option to recover your deleted photos->The application scans and displays all the Volumes present on the system ->Select the Volume from where you want to recover your deleted photos and click on “Next” button->The software scans the selected Volume and displays all the deleted photo files ->Preview the photos before saving them->Browse for the destination in order to save your recovered data